Monday, July 7, 2014

July 6th - Day 2 - Rule the Pool!

We failed to get up and at it in time to attend church this morning, so I guess we are in need of some repenting.  It was still a great day, though.

I was up by 6:30 and enjoyed sitting out on the patio with my computer.  Once Bill finally got up, we sat out here just talking and relaxing.  We even ate some breakfast on the patio.  Eventually, Bill headed off to the beach and I headed off to the pool.  I still don't do the beach during the day and I was too lazy to walk down there this morning.  I set up at my usual spot at the pool and was there until mid-afternoon.  I enjoyed talking to a couple of people, swimming when I got hot, and reading the rest of the time.  This is why I love being here!

This evening, we had dinner with the group at Joyce's condo.  Leroy cooked his tacos.  It was fun having everyone there and there was certainly plenty of laughter going on!  The kids had a ball, running and playing all over the place.  When Joyce insisted that everyone had to play charades, I left.  Yes, I am the party pooper, but I really don't like playing games.  There were a few others who also went out and we enjoyed chatting for a while on our own.  Then I came on back to the condo.

I worked on a jigsaw puzzle that I had bought last fall of the Blue Ridge Parkway.  I had actually done the outside edge before dinner, so I worked on getting the sky all complete.  Lisa and the kids stopped by on their way back to their condo to say good night.  She has rented bikes and a trailer for one of the bikes so the kids can ride along.  They were so cute, both snuggled in the trailer, while Lisa peddled away.

So, the first full day as been a good one.  I accomplished nothing of importance and I had a great time doing it!

No comments: