Monday, August 6, 2012

Aug 5th - Busy Sunday - the Best!

I started the day feeling kind of lousy - headache, stuffy nose, etc.  I even considered going back to sleep mid-morning.  But I didn't.  Instead I was busy getting ready for church, getting Sunday dinner together, etc.  By the time I headed out to church, I was feeling better.

I always enjoy Sunday meetings and really don't like to miss them, so I was glad I didn't take an early nap.  It was Fast Sunday so the meeting was testimony bearing.  As usual, there were some very nice and spiritual testimonies.  I especially enjoyed a couple of the youth who shared some really powerful testimonies about the Book of Mormon, which they were challenged to read over the summer.  Sunday School and Relief Society lessons were also really good.  It was a spiritually filled day.

When I got home, Lisa and the kids were here.  I actually thought no one was here when I drove up, because their car was not parked in the driveway.  It turns out that David had gone back home to show his old truck to someone.  When he came back, he had sold it.  We put the finishing touches on dinner.  It was a crockpot meal with pork, pea pods, mushrooms, carrots, etc.  I had to bake the loaf of bread, steam the rice, and cook some frozen spinach.  It was a really good dinner!

After eating, the kids were busy playing and we sat around talking and half watching the olympics when it was on.  I think there was also a Mickey Mouse video in there somewhere.  The cutest thing is Ashby's fascination with the gymnists and the divers.  She had her Babrbie doll doing some of the most interesting flips and dives anyone has ever seen!

As always, I love my Sundays!

No comments: