Saturday, August 25, 2012

Aug 24th - Started Early Today

I had to get up and out early this morning.  The doctor had scheduled me for a sonogram of the lower aorta - I think that is what he called it - since medicare pays for it.  I think he figured we might as well check everything out.  I had to be at the imagining center by 7:30, so that meant leaving by 7:00.  I am usually up by then, but not usually leaving the house at that time.  The procedure was easy and I was back home by 8:40.  The doctor will get the report sometime next week.  I am not really worried about it, though, since there haven't been any problems.  I guess when you get to be 65, they just start checking things more. 

Bill and I then went out to Mimi's for breakfast.  We had a coupon for a free entree for breakfast, so I thought it was the perfect day to use it.  He had never been to Mimi's, but Lisa and I, and other of my friends, go on occasion.  He was afraid it would be a "girlie" place, which it is in a way, but there are plenty of men, too.  Besides the food is really good.  That was fun and he really like the food, especially the muffins!

When we got back home, I finally did all my daily routine things while he went out on some errands - to the bank, get a haircut, etc. 

Then we were off again around 4:00 to help out at the cannery.  The large group order this month was oats and we needed to can them.  We got there 10 minutes late and the other 5 people had the project nearly complete!  We helped get the cans in the boxes and with clean up.  Then we loaded up the order for my ward and were out of there in 40 minutes!  It took us longer to drive home than it did to do the project!

This has been a day on the go!  I enjoyed the quiet evening.  I finished the book I was reading, The Uninvited Guests by Sadie Jones.  I wasn't really thrilled with the book, though, as it just wasn't what I like - you know, ghosts and weird humor.  It was well written and all, but not my cup of tea!

So another day done!

No comments: