Monday, August 27, 2012

Aug 26th - Savanna, Here We Come!

I spent the morning packing and getting ready to go to Savannah with Bill.  He has a job down there that will take 3 or 4 days and the client is paying for his travel, motel and food.  I decided to come along, since we will just have to pay for my food and whatever incidentals come up.  I love Savannah, but I could just sit by a pool and read and be in heaven!

Sacrament meeting was good today.  I had to lead the hymns again.  Sure wish they would call someone - not me! - to do that calling.  The speakers all spoke on the topic of learning and education and all three had different things to say that were really good. 

I came on home after that one meeting and Bill came as soon as he could get away.  We wanted to be on the road by 4:00 since it is 5+ hour drive to Savannah.   We were both pleasantly surprised that we actually drove out of the driveway at 4:05!  The drive down was good - no problems.  We stopped at Cracker Barrell in Macon for dinner.  Then got in about 9:15 or so.  I checked out a good murder mystery from the library, so that really made the trip go quickly.

We are staying at the Marriott Riverfront.  It is a very nice hotel and we are in a beautiful suite.  If we had chosen where we were going to stay, we would have gone cheaper, but no one is going to complain!  They have two pools - one inside and one outside, plus a hot tub.  Since the forecast is for rain, because of the tropical storm, it will give me options!  We are right on the river, although our room isn't on that side of the building.  River Street shops start up a couple of blocks from here, so I can walk up there if I decide I want to do something.  I am not planning on doing the sightseeing stuff this time - just relaxing! 

Of course, Bill will be working all day - poor guy!


No comments: