Monday, February 9, 2015

February 8th - Another Great Sunday!

We were at church this morning, as usual.  And, as usual, the meetings were good.  It is always such an uplifting morning.  My class went well, too.  This is a big group and they like to talk, but they are very focused and excited to learn to do family history.  That makes it a lot of fun!

I had prepared a big crockpot dinner, with pork roast, potatoes, carrots, onions, butternut squash, and apples last night.  So, this morning I just had to put it on to cook all day.  By the time we got home from church, the house was smelling mighty good.  It was hard to have to wait until the end of the day to eat it!  In the meantime, a little lunch snack tided us both over.

We both took short naps, although I never did fall asleep.  I read a little and just lay there relaxing the rest of the time.  My mind was going a thousand miles an hour, so I couldn't quite relax enough!  The rest of the afternoon, I worked at the computer.

When the kids got here, we were ready to have dinner right away.  Then Lisa and I went next door.  Monica called earlier to say they were getting rid of a bunch of stuff and there was a lot of Montessori school materials that she thought Lisa might like.  She was right!  She had a number of things that Lisa had hoped to buy.  Monica refused to take anything for them, although Lisa would have been thrilled to pay.  She was so excited!  She and David had just been talking the day before about getting some of the things that she had wanted, but had put off buying.  We do have nice neighbors!

It was such a beautiful day that the kids wanted to play outside, so that is where they were until it got dark.  I love to see them having so much fun.  Ashby was in the playhouse most of the time, cooking I guess.  Brooks wanted to run and Toby loved chasing him all over. 

So, again we have had a wonderful Sabbath day, filled with all the things that really matter!


No comments: