Monday, September 10, 2012

Sept 9th - My Mother's Birthday!

It would have been my mother's 83rd birthday today.  She was born in 1929 and died in 2001.  I still love and miss her.  And I thought about her on her birthday.

Sunday services were good, as always.  The sacrament meeting talks centered around revelation - the First Vision, Lehi's Vision of the Tree of Life, and how we can receive personal revelation.  All good talks that I enjoyed.

The Gospel Principles lesson was on Talents - recognizing our individual talents and using them to serve God and others.  We had two non-members in attendance.  One is the husband of an active member and he has been attending on and off for a little while now.  The other was the boyfriend of a woman who came back to the church a few months ago after being inactive for many years.  When he introduced himself, he said that it was his first time to attend and that he felt good being in church.

Relief Society was a special visiting teaching meeting.  All the sisters from Primary and Young Women were in attendance while the Priesthood brethren covered their assignments.  It was a very good meeting.  Our VT coordinator gave the lesson on visiting teaching and did a beautiful job.  She also asked a sister who visits her to say a few words.  She really loves VT and expressed a beautiful testimony about it.  There was a good spirit there and I really hope the sisters felt it and will make new covenants to fulfill this very important assignment.  We then handed out all the new routes.  I didn't get any negative feedback, but there were a few positive comments made, so I am hopeful.

When I got home, the kids were all here.  We got dinner on and enjoyed eating and then just hanging out.  They didn't leave until almost 9:00.  It helps when Brooks takes a late, long nap so he can be up a little later in the evening.  He and Ashby both put on quite the show for us.

Just after they left, I got a call from my new visiting teacher saying she had some muffins that she wanted to drop off.  She had planned to come a little earlier, but had forgotten a meeting she had to take part in.  I told her she could come on over.  We had a nice little chat and she brought some chocolate chip pumpkin muffins.  They were really good!

So, I had another wonderful Sunday - always the best day of the week!

No comments: