Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sept 11th - Another Day with Nary a Breath!

This has really been a day on the go -  I prefer days that have a little breathing room here and there!  I started with my water aerobics class at nine.  I came home from that, changed clothes and took off to visit teach one of my sisters.  She and I love to talk, so we visited quite a while!

When I got home, I had time to fix a quick lunch.  I was just finishing that when Lisa arrived.  She is going to clean my house. (I had mentioned maybe hiring someone to come and give it a good clean and she said she would do it.  I intend to pay her, although she says no.  We know who will win that one!)  David and the kids came over, too, so after a few minutes of chatting, they started working.  I had a list of things that I needed to do, too, so all of us were hustling around here for the next few hours.

The cutest thing was at one point when Ashby wanted to help clean, too.  She had been watching both Lisa and David with rags scrubbing every thing in sight and she wanted to do it, too.  They gave her a wipe and off she went.  Pretty soon, Brooks was there, too, and he wanted his own rag.  I think my coffee table got cleaned better than any piece of furniture has ever been cleaned!

When they finally finished and went home, it seemed so quiet - and so clean!  I think I might hire them to come do this more often. 

I fixed something to eat and then had several things to finish up in the evening while Bill was at the youth activity.  My friend Paula (truly BFF - since we were 5 years old!) called and we talked for the next couple of hours.  Well, truth be told, I mostly listened and she mostly talked.  It was great catching up with her.  I am planning to visit a couple of days with her when I go to Iowa and we also discussed some of the group getting together for lunch while I am there.

When Bill got home, we had to run the car over to the shop to get routine check on it before we drive to Iowa.  We left it there for them to have first thing in the morning.  By the time we got back home, it was 10:30.  I am usually in bed reading by 9, so I was exhausted!  (I still did some reading.)

No comments: