Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sept 17th - Rainy Monday!

This has been our first day of rain in a while and we certainly needed it.  The downside is that it puts a little "damper" on things!  It also seems to always cause a rather severe sinus headache for me. 

Richard and Jo Anne had made plans to visit several people today - friends and family - so they were off on their own all day.  That was good for me, since I laid back down late in the morning to rest and try to get rid of the headache.  I had a nice nap!  And, best of all, I felt much better when I got up.  In between, I did some laundry, some RS things, and some other stuff that I needed to do.

In the evening, we had Empty Nesters FHE, so I made some deviled eggs to take for that.  We had a nice turnout and had a great time.  The Walls did a story telling program for us, which is always fun as they are very good at it.

When we got back home, Richard and Jo Anne had just gotten back, too.  We spent the rest of the evening talking and sort of watching the Falcons game.  When it was clear that they were going to beat the Broncos, it occurred to Bill and Jo Anne that our other friend Gary, who lives near Denver, was probably watching the game and this would be a great time to give him a call.  It was fun to catch up with him.  So, while they were visiting us, we also talked to both Bill and Gary.  Maybe the foursome wasn't all together in person, but at least we all touched base!

So, the rainy Monday turned out to be a very nice day.

No comments: