Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sept 10th - On the Go Today

We had a presidency meeting this morning, starting at 9 - so I was out the door a little earlier than usual.  We had a good meeting and got a lot accomplished.  It is hard to believe, but we handed out all new VT routes on Sunday and we had to make some changes today!  The biggest struggle is always about VT.

When I got home, I called my new companion and chatted with her quite a while.  She has some serious health issues, so is not often able to actually get out to visit, but she is excited to go when she can and will also keep in touch by phone and email.  Then I called a couple of my new sisters and talked to them, as well.  One of them has her husband just home from the hospital after some surgery, so she is not quite ready for anyone to come by.  I set an appointment for tomorrow with the other.  With my company coming Wednesday and then leaving for my trip to Iowa, I won't be able to visit later in the month.  I tried calling another of the sisters, but got no answer, so messaged her on Facebook.  The fourth sister I am seeing in the morning, so will talk to her then.  I am excited about my new route.

The rest of the afternoon was spent like a normal day - some cleaning up, some computer time, etc.  Not normal, but definitely needed, was a nap.  Bill visited one of the seminary classes this morning and had set the alarm.  He did not turn it off when he got up, though, and was in the bathroom and didn't hear it when it went off.  I finally had to get up and turn it off and by then I was completely awake and couldn't get back to sleep.  I don't sleep late, but 5:00 is a bit early for me.  So by late afternoon, I was dragging!  Thank goodness for a nap.

I felt like a lot was accomplished today - most of it related to Relief Society.

No comments: