Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sept 4th - Trying to Get Back to Normal

I enjoy Monday holidays, but it really messes up the rest of the week.  You know, Tuesday becomes Monday, etc.  So today I was trying to do all the things I should have done yesterday.  In other words, I didn't do anything all that interesting!

I did go out to do a few chores, including getting a haircut.  I also ran by the dollar store to pick up a few things.  I am trying to get a few things cleaned out before guests come next week, so I needed a few organizer things.  I also cleaned out under a couple of sinks.  I don't like messy sink areas, but it is so hard to keep them neat and I have reached a point where it just has to be done again.

I spent some time working on my three month food storage list.  I pretty much have the list done and today I inventoried what I already have.  I also started entering the info into a spread sheet, so I can keep it up.  I hope to have it completed so it can go out with the weekend RS email.  It encouraged me Sunday when one of the sisters said how much she is enjoying following along and trying to do it.  She said she feels like I have done the hard part and she can just do the same.  It is always nice to know that someone is responding to something one spends a lot of time preparing!  Of course, getting my own storage better organized is the real benefit.

There were several other little projects that I crossed off the list and my "to do" pile on my desk is considerably smaller than it has been.

So I managed to survive my Tuesday Monday without too much problem!


No comments: