Sunday, September 9, 2012

Aug 8th - Cleaning Day - and Other Stuff, too!

I managed to start my day with a burst of energy and got the house pretty much cleaned up - at least as much cleaning as I do anymore.  I even mopped the kitchen floor, which was badly needed.  I did a couple of loads of laundry, changed the sheets on the guest bed so they would be fresh for company this week, etc.  Regular housework is definitely NOT exciting! 

I also had time to do some things on the computer - like getting my RS email out, and whatever.  The best was that I found time to work on family history for a while.  I have done very little the last while and it was fun to get into some serious searching.  When Lisa and David went to the temple to do sealings the other night, they took all our family file cards.  The temple sent one back to be checked.  They questioned whether Fred Franklin Allen should be sealed to Clifford O McBride.  I think the name Clifford threw them!  So I did some further research to check whether it was correct - and it was!  Not many women named Clifford, but no doubt on this one.  Among other things, I found the family in the 1940 census, her gravestone, and her obituary.  We will get the sealing done the next chance we get.

I won't bother to mention all the things on my to-do list that are still there - maybe Monday!

No comments: