Thursday, September 18, 2014

September 17th - Family History Day

This was Wednesday, so naturally I was at the Family History Center.  Actually, today was the meeting of the Gwinnett Genealogy Group, so I had to arrive early in order to get things set up.  I also had to do a presentation on Fold3, which went really well.  I learned later that after our meeting finished, four people from the group went in to the FHC and wanted to get on Fold3.  I guess they liked what they had heard!

On my way home, I stopped by the library to pick up some books that had come in.  I then fixed myself a late lunch and watched an episode of Lark Rise while I ate.

My visiting teacher came by later in the afternoon and we had a nice visit.  She does not usually make it by to visit, although she does keep in touch with me.  We are good friends, so I don't feel neglected, but it was fun to have a little time to just chat.

The rest of my day was pretty routine - got a couple of loads of laundry done, house straightened, etc.  I even fixed some dinner - spaghetti. 

I have a whole stack of family history things that I am wanting to get to, but I just haven't gotten it worked in since I got back from Iowa.  Maybe tomorrow!

No comments: