Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Journal - December 8

Well, this morning we finally got the Christmas decorations out of the attic.  I know, most people decorate right after Thanksgiving.  I am just a little slow - I don't like to rush things.  Anyway, I got about half of the house stuff out and it is looking good.  I plan to finish the rest on Friday and then we will get the tree on Saturday.  Bill plans to put up some outside lights, too.

I got the mantle done - that's Christmas stockings and Santa Clauses.  I also got most of the nativity sets out.  Those are my favorite decorations.  I think I have six out right now and there are still a couple of small ones somewhere.  Today, I will get the flower pot soldiers, the nutcrackers, the village, and a few other odds and ends.

Putting out the decorations does bring a spirit of Christmas into the home.  I love that feeling.

No comments: