Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Journal - December 7

Anniversary of Pearl Harbor - had me thinking a lot about all the lives lost that day and in the days and years that followed.  Led me to thinking about all those soldiers serving today and their families who are missing them, especially during the Christmas season. 

One of the community service projects I found to share with our Relief Society sisters was that of a young 12 year old girl who is collecting socks to send to soldiers.  One of the families is doing a service project every day for this month.  She told me the other night that they had gotten socks and donated to that project.  I thought that was wonderful.

I can't bring the soldiers home for Christmas, but I am happy that some soldier will get some new socks and will know that people care.  That is the true Christmas spirit!

No comments: