Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Journal - December 21

First day of winter - Christmas in a few days - and the weather is warm, in the 60's, with rain.  Growing up in Iowa, there was virtually always snow for Christmas.  Having lived so many years in Florida, we got used to no snow at all.  Here in Atlanta, it is a surprise every year.

Our first year back, temp was in the single digits, but no snow.  The next year, it was almost 80 and the kids were playing basketball in the driveway in short sleeve shirts.  One of the things I like about Atlanta is that it doesn't get too cold, we have a little snow most years, but it doesn't last more than a day or two, and it is all totally unpredictable.

Having said all that, I still love snow at Christmas.  At least, I love the snow in pictures.  It does feel more "Christmasy" somehow.  I am not sure I want it to snow here, though.  I think I will get my "snow fix" from Christmas cards and pictures.  That works for me.


No comments: