Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Journal - December 15

We will be out of town attending a wedding this weekend, so my day has mostly revolved around laundry, packing, and other last minute things.  When that happens, it is easy to completely forget that it is Christmas season.

I did have an experience that made me grateful for blessings, though.  I discovered at the last minute that my temple recommend had expired at the end of November - I thought it was good until February!  A few hasty phone calls and it was all taken care of - thanks to the priesthood brethren who are so kind and loving!

Anyway, it made me remember how much I appreciate the blessings of the temple.  It is why the Savior came to earth in the first place - so that we would have a way to return to Him.  I am so grateful for the Atonement and all the blessings that brings.  When all is said and done, it wasn't the birth that mattered so much as what He did while He was here.  I needed to remember that during this Christmas season.

No comments: