Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gratitude Journal - November 29

The first Sunday in November, I gave the Relief Society lesson on service, especially how doing service as a family will strengthen the bonds between family members.  I gave some examples of easy service ideas to do with children, as well as some ideas of local community organizations that would benefit from service.

Today I got an email from one of the sisters who has three children.  She had been praying about finding a way to do more giving with her family for December and that lesson really inspired her.  With the help of her children, they have made up a calendar for the month and will do some service every day.  She had a couple of questions, particularly about one of the organizations I had mentioned.

There is nothing more exciting as a teacher than to know that your message touched someone and made a difference.  Her email totally made my day!   I am grateful for the opportunity to teach, and even more grateful that this lesson made a difference in one family's life!

No comments: