Friday, November 25, 2011

Gratitude Journal - November 24

Happy Thanksgiving Day!!!  This is an easy gratitude day - it is all about giving thanks.  We had a wonderful day.  Billy is here from Iowa.  Lisa, David, Ashby and Brooks came over around noon.  Turkey was in the oven about 6:30 and everything else ready to go.  Billy made an apple pie.  I made a peanut-butter trifle.  Lisa brought 3 more pies and some snacks for waiting.  We watched football, grandkids and just talked and enjoyed.  Dinner was wonderful.  We used the good china and sterling.  All the food turned out perfect.

The rest of the afternoon was just plain lazy.  Ashby had fun playing in the big piles of leaves that Grandpa had raked up for her the day before.  Brooks loved going on a long walk around the neighborhood.  Weather was perfect.  Most of us managed to get a short nap in sometime during the afternoon.  All in all, it was everything that makes Thanksgiving the best of the holidays - food, family, and relaxation.

I am grateful for a day to give thanks.  The best ending to the day - when I hugged Ashby goodbye, I said, "I am thankful for Ashby."  She gave me a big smile, a hug back, and then said, "I am thankful for Grandma."  Need I add anything further?

No comments: