Saturday, November 19, 2011

Gratitude Journal - November 18

I had to go grocery shopping.  I am not a big shopper and groceries are near the top of the "I would rather not" list.  However, we do love to eat and it was time; plus, there is Thanksgiving coming up next week and I needed to get supplied for that.  Once I got there, it wasn't all that bad and I made my rounds and filled my cart.  A problem writing a check at check-out was resolved and I took my trunk load of groceries home to unload and put away.

As I was putting all this food away - in my two pantries, refrigerator or freezer - I realized how blessed I really am.  I have a supply of food a few minutes from my house; I can get almost anything imaginable when I get to the store; I don't have to fight with others over a limited supply of popular items; I have money to pay for it; I have a nice home with plenty of storage for all the food I buy; I don't have to go hungry; and, thankfully, I don't have to go out and shoot something so the family doesn't starve!  Even more than that, some of the items I bought are for the food boxes for the needy and I was glad to be able to buy a great big turkey to donate.

That is a lot to be grateful for - food, convenience, comfort, plenty, and charity.


No comments: