Sunday, November 13, 2011

Gratitude Journal - November 12

I spent two days attending a Family History Expo.  Genealogy is my favorite hobby and I was so excited to attend my first such event.  I went alone, but figured that didn't really matter.  I absolutely loved it!  The keynote speaker on Friday was M. Bridget Cook, an author and speaker.  (The new word I learned from her was genshai - which basically means to hold no one small, including yourself.  In other words, treat everyone as though they have worth.)  Over the course of the two days, I was able to attend eight classes on a variety of subjects.  I learned a lot and I am really excited to start putting some of my new knowledge into practice.

I also met up with with four other women who were at the conference alone and we became friends.  It was really fun!  We would meet up during breaks and share about the classes we had each attended.  Having the genealogy common thread made it easy to bond really quickly.  We have already exchanged emails and a picture of the group of us.  We also promised to meet up again next year at the Expo.

I am grateful for having participated in this Expo and for the fun and new friends that I enjoyed!

No comments: