Saturday, November 12, 2011

Gratitude Journal - November 11

Being Veterans Day, I have felt a special connection to all those who have served in the military.  They fought to make us free, they have fought to keep us free, and they have stood guard to see that those freedoms are not lost.

I need to go back in my genealogy and do a careful study to see how many of my ancestors have served in the military.  I know some of them: my husband Bill served in Viet Nam, my uncle Harold Nelson served in WWII, my grandfather Bill Nelson served in WWI, my great-great grandfather Henry Cleary served in the Civil War.  There are others, going back to the time of the Revolutionary War.  I am grateful for all of them.

I wore my red, white and blue scarf to let the world know how grateful I am for those who serve in harm's way.  Thank you!

No comments: