Tuesday, March 10, 2015

March 8th - Another Beautiful Sunday!

As usual, church services were wonderful this morning.  The talks in Sacrament Meeting were all really good - about parenting.  My class went well.  They are getting so excited about what they are learning that it makes it fun to teach! 

Back home, I got the pork chops with tomatoes ready for the oven, as well as everything else planned so it could be cooked at the right time.  Bill baked a frozen fruit pie, so the house really smelled good!  I worked on family history a bit and then decided I was tired and wanted to take a nap.  I do love Sunday afternoon naps!  And I had a nice one. 

After the nap, I worked a little more on family history, then got dinner actually cooking.  Lisa and family arrived a little after 5:00 and we finished up dinner.  Everyone seemed to like it - of course, when spaghetti is on the menu, the kids are always happy!

It was a warm sunny day, so the kids and Toby were outside as much as they could be.  They love being out in the yard when the weather allows it.

I had to leave by 6:00 to go to a family history consultants meeting, so I ate and ran and left the clean up to everyone else.  I had to present the class at 7:00, after the consultants meeting.  Brother Peoples had asked me just this week to talk about Roots Tech 2015.  We just had two people from the community who showed up.  I think it went well and I was able to talk about some of the new things that were introduced, as well as about some of the classes I took.  They now all know where to go to get the videos and the syllabus materials that are available on the website.

The kids were gone by the time I got home, of course.  I don't like having Sunday meetings, but it was still a great Sunday.  It is always fun to see the grandkids and I enjoyed their standing in the front yard waving as I left.  Makes my heart feel good!

No comments: