Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week One of the New Year

Well, the first week of the new year has passed - and it seemed to be a busy one! New Year's Day, Lisa and family came over late in the day and we had a pork roast dinner that I fixed in the crock pot. They stayed through the evening.

Sunday, our meeting times changed to 9 am. I like church at this time better than in the afternoon. It was nice to get up, get ready, and go straight to church. It was fast Sunday. I bore my testimony in Relief Society.

Monday, I had a work holiday. David and Lisa had appointments to check their eyes for possible lasik surgery, so we kept Ashby and Brooks. It is always fun to have them over. Ashby loves playing with Grandpa and they went outside for a long time. Part of the time, they played in his truck - something Ashby loves to do! After their appointments, Lisa dropped David off at home and then came over to get the children. She stayed a while and we ordered pizza for dinner.

Tuesday, it was back to work for me. I took a long nap in the afternoon, as I am still trying to get rid of the last of the cold that had me down over Christmas.

Wednesday and Thursday I worked. Otherwise, they were pretty ordinary days.

Friday, David had his eye surgery, so they dropped Ashby off around 9:00. Bill was home, so he took care of her until I got off work. When I walked in, they were on the floor playing with the Lego blocks and had built a big house, using every block in the box. After lunch, Ashby took a nap. When she woke up, we made some cookies. She is always getting the egg slicer from the cupboard and playing it like a harp, so it dawned on me that she might enjoy the Music Maker. I found it upstairs in storage and she enjoyed strumming it and singing. She loves taking a bubble bath in our big tub, so she did that after dinner. She also spent the night with us. I lay down with her when she went to bed and she chattered away for a while. She wanted to know where "baby brudder Brooks" was, as well as Mommy and Daddy. I told her they were at home, but Ashby got to spend the night at Grandma's. Then I asked her what we would do in the morning and she said she would play with the toys with Grandpa. She then danced a little jig, giving the sign for "excited," and said she was excited to play with Grandpa.

Saturday, we had more play time with Ashby. David had a follow-up exam with the eye doctor and then they came over and spent the rest of the day with us. We picked up food at Johnny's for our lunch. Lisa was so exhausted that she took a nice long nap while she had lots of help watching the children. After Ashby's nap and Brooks eating one more time, they went on home. Brooks is now over 11 lbs. He has really filled out and is so cute. He can't seem to get enough to eat!

So the first week of the new year is finished. It is already going too fast!

No comments: