Monday, August 3, 2009

Odds and Ends

Sometimes things go by so fast that I lose track - and so it has been the last few weeks. So I guess this blog will just be a little of this and a little of that!






We had our vacation in St. Augustine and it was fabulous! We had about 25 family members there and it was great. I spend most of my time at the pool, since I don't do the sun. But, I did get down to the beach a few times and even played in the waves some. It was particularly fun having Ashby there for her first beach experience. I would like to report that she is a true "Cantrell" as she loved the beach from the first moment. The worst part of vacation was that it ended. I sure hope we can go for two weeks next year.




Then on the 24th was Ashby's first birthday. Her Grandma Vanett and Granpa Pulsipher both came into town for the big day. It would have been wonderful, except that poor Ashby got sick. Earlier in the week, the doctor said she had strep. Then she broke out in a terrible rash and it was back to the doctor again. This time it was a viral infection, nothing to do with the strep. So, she was down most of the week. By the weekend she was beginning to feel a little better. Anyway, the big party was scaled down considerably. Even so, she made the one year mark.



I have been having fun learning about Facebook. I have quite a few friends now and have reconnected with some people I hadn't heard from in years. That part is really great. I have also had a few of the teenage girls at church add me as a friend and I get a real kick out of their posts! I was sitting by a group of them at church Sunday and in the course of talking, I mentioned Facebook and there was a general shocked reaction - "You are on Facebook?" - like I was too old or something. I told them I was cool. They got a kick out that. I even had one of them add me as a friend today. I guess I really must be cool!!


Billy had a run in with a dog a few weeks ago. He was out riding his bike and a dog ran out of a driveway and attacked him! He managed to get away with only one major bite. He went straight home and called the police, who took a report and pictures, and told him that this was the second report of the same dog biting someone in a week. They were going to impound the dog to make sure it had all its shots, etc. The doctor gave him a tetanus and put him on some anti-biotics since getting an infection is almost guaranteed with a dog bite. We haven't gotten a recent update, so I don't know what has happened.


Bill is teaching seminary again this year and I have been trying to help him get things ready. I told him I would help with the fluff, but he had to provide the substance. We have been working on games, a map, costumes, and a bunch of other little stuff. School starts next Monday, the 10th, and seminary will start on Wednesday, the 12th. Sure seems like a short summer!


Well, that hits the high points of the last few weeks. We will see what the next few bring.

No comments: