Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Heading to Iowa for a Week!

Well, I think I am just about packed. I am leaving in the morning to fly to Moline so I can spend a week with Billy and Dad. I get back next Tuesday. Lisa is flying up on Friday with Ashby so they can all see her. My dad is anxious to see his great-granddaughter, but doesn't travel anymore. He is 81, in great health, but says it is too much hassle to travel. So we are taking the little munchkin up to him. He is really excited!

I think Billy is excited that we are coming, too. We haven't seen him since December. He called last night and said he was actually cleaning the second bathroom for us. Now that is a big deal!

The Moline airport is about an hour from my dad's and a little more than that to Billy's, but the difference in pricing between Moline and Cedar Rapids is so much that we almost always fly to Moline. Besides the price being as much as 2 or 3 times more, there isn't a direct flight, so it takes all day instead of 2 hours. Besides, we are used to it taking 45 minutes or more to get to the airport in Atlanta anyway, so it doesn't really seem so far.

We don't have any big plans besides visiting and relaxing. We are coming back on the same flight Tuesday, so I can help a little more going home. Lisa is on her own coming up. I haven't been up to Iowa since Dad's 80th birthday party in December 2007 and Lisa hasn't been up since she sang at the airport concert in June of 2007. We are all looking forward to it! It will really be fun to see what Ashby thinks of all those airplanes - the big ones we are flying in and all the little ones at Grandpa's.

No comments: