Friday, May 8, 2009

Now I have a Facebook page

Boy, am I getting so into the 21st century! I have set up a page on Facebook. The problem is that I have no clue what I am supposed to do with it. Right off the bat, it looked for the people in my email address book to see if they were on Facebook, too. But, I figured I know those people and I wasn't really interested that much, so I just ignored it. The people I am interested in I talk to you in person, you know?

I did put in the high school I attended and then did a search for the year I graduated. There was not one single soul there! I know it was a small class, but I can't believe I am the first one to join Facebook. Maybe the rest just didn't put in what high school they attended. So then I decided to check the class years before and after mine, since the school was so small and everyone knew everyone. I did find a few people, but only one I was really interested in talking to. I contacted him, Ron Tope, since our families had been super close when we were growing up and we were kind of like cousins. He responded so I then had one friend.

I finally mentioned to Lisa what I had done and she made me her friend, so that gave me connections to lots of family members. I am now up to about six or seven friends. Of course, they are all family (except Ron), but it is still cool.

I still haven't figured out what I am supposed to do, but it is fun to check it every so often and see if any of my friends have posted anything. Actually, it is also very interesting to check out their pages, especially to see the pictures they have posted.

I did put up a picture of Bill, Lisa, Billy and I that was taken at Christmas a few years ago. And, of course, I put up some of Ashby. Other than that, there isn't much on my page. Maybe I need to find more pictures.

I am not sure this is going to go anywhere, but at least now I can say "my Facebook page" and sound like I am really with it. By the way, I even signed up for an account on Twitter.com, but I really have no clue what to do with that. I did it because of the Day of Service and being instructed about twittering. But, I don't think I really even want to twitter!

I guess I can pretend to be with it, but the truth is I am just an old grandma. So be it!

No comments: