Thursday, May 21, 2009

I Love Being a Grandmother!

Yesterday, Lisa and Ashby took me out for lunch. It was a belated Mother's Day outing. We decided it is the first of "lunch with the girls" outings. Ashby was as cute as she could be, sitting in the high chair and chattering along like she was part of the conversation. She had us laughing most of the time.

After lunch, Lisa wanted to run some errands and go to the gym, so I babysat Ashby for the rest of the afternoon. She was so tired from our outing that she started with a nap. Fortunately, she didn't sleep long. So Grandma got to feed her (sweet potatoes, pears, and peach yogurt, plus the bottle) and then we played. She is crawling all over the place now and heads straight for something so she can try to pull herself up. She can get to her knees, and balance there, and then she tries to put a foot up and everything falls apart. But, she doesn't give up!

She spent a little time in her jumpster while watching a Baby Einstein video. She practically launches herself in that jumpster. What a hoot to watch her! We also read some books, listened to some music, and generally had a great time.

I enjoy these weekly babysitting opportunities. It gives Lisa a chance to get out a little, but I am really being selfish - I want time alone with Ashby! I so love being a Grandma!!!!

No comments: