Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Babysitting Ashby


I don't mind telling you that this grandmother business is just about the best thing there is! Today was David and Lisa's third wedding anniversary, so they wanted to go out to dinner. Fortunately, they ask Grandma first to be babysitter.

Ashby and I had the best time. She cried when mom and dad left, but she was really tired. I let her cry herself to sleep and when she woke up later, she was ready to eat. She does enjoy eating! I was watching Law & Order at the time, and she was glued to the TV while she ate. So maybe she will be as big a fan as I am!!!

After eating, we had our play time. She is so happy and laughs and chatters. She has learned to grip her rattle and can really make it go. After about an hour, she was ready for another nap. I just laid her in her crib and in a few minutes, she was sound asleep.

Unfortunately, the parents returned before she woke up again. Oh, well. I will have another day!

We are so happy that they are nearby so we get the chance to babysit often. Ashby gets cuter everyday. You will have to go to their website to see pictures. They just posted her 3 month old picture with the elephant. http://web.me.com/dpulsipher

No comments: