Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Senior Moments

I keep having these strange "senior moments" where I forgot what I am doing or lose something and can't find it. It is a little disturbing, to say the least! But, Bill makes me feel better when he has them, too. His are usually more interesting that mine, though.

For instance, we were invited to a wedding for the daughter of our next door neighbor. When the invitation arrived a few weeks ago, Bill thought we should really make an effort to attend. I am not very social, but I agreed it would be good. So, Bill wrote the date and time in his schedule book, so he wouldn't forget.

Last week he was working out of town and when he called, he reminded me that the wedding was Friday night and that he was making every effort to get back in time for us to make it. He made it back and we hustled to get ready. It was supposed to be at 7:00 at a Baptist Church on Ponce de Leon Ave in Atlanta. I was copping a bit of an attitude about having to go, but we got ready and went out to the car. As we were getting in the car, Bill says, "That's strange. Chuck's car is in the driveway." He then asked if I had checked the announcement to be sure it was that night. I replied that I didn't even know where he had put the thing. He went in the house to find it and double check. In a minute he came back, with a very sheepish grin on his face.

The wedding was not Friday night, but Saturday! He had written it in his schedule book correctly, but had just decided it was Friday and there we were, sitting in the driveway, ready to go to a wedding that was 24 hours away! Needless to say, we both felt like fools. I can only say that it is really good that he went to check on it. If we had driven the 45 minutes to the church, only to have nothing happening, I might have gone ballistic!!

So we have all had a good laugh at Bill's expense this week.

No comments: