Monday, February 23, 2009

Another Ashby Sleep-over

We had another chance to keep Ashby for the night this past weekend. It was David's birthday and Lisa had planned a surprise on Friday night. She picked him up at work, and they stayed at the Hilton Suites near Perimeter Mall. She had gotten a great deal, since most of their business is commercial and they sell the rooms cheap on the weekends. They also ate at Maggiano's, which is their favorite restaurant.


So that meant Grandma got to take care of the baby! She is getting so big, almost 7 months old, and is so much fun. Bill was working out of town so didn't get home until after she had gone to sleep for the night. That meant I didn't even have to share her! We ate sweet potatoes, played with toys, jumped in the jumpster, watched Baby Einstein, read books, got lots of tickles, and just laughed ourselves crazy.


She had a little trouble getting to sleep since she was not at home and she finally figured out that Mommy wasn't coming back. But she was asleep by 9:45 and we didn't hear another sound until 8:00 the next morning.


Unfortunately, she had to leave in the early afternoon when Mommy and Daddy returned. She was so excited to see them.


They were back over on Sunday to celebrate his actual birthday (the 22nd). We had a home-made taco dinner and some Bruster's ice cream cake. Ashby sat in the old high chair at the table with us and chewed on her first bagel.


I have decided that I have lived my whole life for this moment!

2 comments:

Krista said...

I hope you don't mind me reading your blog. I found it on my mom's (Connie C.)as a link somehow, but I wanted to comment because I really really love your last words on this post. That is the sweetest thing I've heard a gramma say!

Grandma Cantrell said...

Krista,
You are welcome to drop in anytime. Your mother is one of my most dearest friends! I am sure her daughter is every bit as wonderful as she is.